Wednesday, October 10, 2007

search engine marketing and search engne optimiztion hong kong

well, I've found out some hong kong companies have no idea about seo or search marketing. they have some information on their web sites but they have no idea what they are talking about. One example is I saw an ad about a web hosting company on a local pc magazine that offer SEO services. It sounds they have a bit of a research about why search engine marketing ok so i decided use my father's company domain to test their real seo stuff.

web hosting company: "ring ring", "hello how can I help you?"
I; "i'm interested in your seo service. we're an apparel company and have an undeveloped web site. I understand seo would increase my web site visibility on search engine, just want to ask, how you guys going to implement the services?"
web hosting company: "silence....."

some of the stuffs I've jsut make it up but I did email them and enquiries about their services. There are too many people around just pretending they have these kind of services but have no idea how to really achieve it? Hong kong is really sucks for SEO, people often pretend having a cutting edge service but they don't in reality. They think they write something like that and would attract business.

They in fact just gave me an example bottleandmug.net. well, the website have 1.) no content 2.) little links on yahoo and google. 3.) web design not search engine friendly and they've charged this guy US$700. well, to me it's quite crazy. if I were the boss of that website, i am crying! beacuse the industry was not competitive, in terms of seo.

well, hope those people good luck and advacing the search engine industry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amusing in a sad kind of way. You should look into some of the freelance hiring companies out there for your SEO work.

proson said...

well many people claimed to know seo but in fact they are not. SEO involves keyword research but I don't know those guys know many about that..